Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Lawsuit settlement to an estate

Question
My mom passed away in 2009. We have recently received a lawsuit settlement in the name of the estate.  As administrator of the estate, I was sent the award & distributed it to all beneficiaries. We are now aware that the amount must be claimed as part of our income but how do we handle this without individual 1099-misc forms. Do we all include a copy that was sent in the estates name?  Also taxes were taken out, can we each include these taxes paid on our returns?

Answer
It is likely that taxes should not have been withheld, no tax is due and the lawyers screwed it up.  And it (settlement) is not taxable to you and beneficiaries.

A. How much?
B. What for?
C. How much fee did lawyers take?

Make a new question and direct it to me  and mark it private; I will provide you contact info to follow up.   Make sure you mark NEW question private  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa