Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Manufacturer or Retailer

First off, thank you for taking your time to read my question and help me answer it!

I just started a business that manufacturers a few products. I selected manufacturing as my business classification.

I manufacture the products and then sell these for retail. I set up a single member LLC for this business.

After starting my business, I heard that manufacturers get taxed at a greater rate than businesses who only resell/retail. If this is the case, then I do know of a company that could manufacture these same products and I can just resell them.

I would like to remain a manufacturer though since I could make more money, but if I have to pay higher taxes, it won't be worth it.

Question: Do manufacturers pay more taxes than resellers/retailers? If so, what percentage more? The business is in Texas (no state income tax).

Please let me know. Hopefully I explained myself clearly!

Thank you

There is no difference on rates at federal level

Make 100 and uncle Obama will tax it. He does not care how you made it.   Retail or manufacturing

Maybe Texas has a special state rule. But that is the franchise tax. I think

Less familiar with Texas

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

Tax and general business including hospitality related (hotel mgmt degree and experience in industry prior to obtaining ms tax and cpa).

19 years cpa. ms tax. NOTE: My discussions are only a general information and do not constitute tax advise without entering into a specific agreement and executing an engagement letter; This free chat is nothing more than general information and should not be construed as tax advice nor does my response or replies imply an agreement to provide client specific advice or other guidance for purposes of avoiding IRS tax or penalties and should not be relied upon without your own validation and confirmation of the how the discussion may fit your facts... Not having all the facts and/or not having a direct client relationship prevents me from providing the most accurate replies as possible and I highly suggest using a local CPA to provide you with written advice and guidance. Taking matters into your own hands is much akin to trying to land an airplane without a license. It is easy to FLY a plane, but LANDING is when critical experience is key. In short, caveat emptor; do your homework and don't just rely on free chat board advice anywhere, anytime.

AICPA, CSCPA (Ct society), National Tax,

a bunch.

MS tax and other post graduate coursework

variety including Summa Cum Laude

I don't disclose or kiss and tell