Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Schedule D

I was wondering, what all needs to be reported on a schedule D. I'm not sure how to ask it so I'm just going to use an example.
I purchased 100 shares of Stock A during 2013.
I also purchased 500 shares of Stock B in 2013.
towards the end of the year, I sold 25 shares of Stock A and 100 shares of Stock B.
When reporting my gains and losses, do I record the purchase price of the shares I still hold in my possession?
If not, and the gains from the sale of Stock B and the losses from the sale of Stock A combined to have no effect (as in there was a total loss of 200 from the sale of Stock A and a 200 gain from the sale of Stock B, resulting in neither a capital Gain or a Capital Loss), do I still file a Schedule D showing no change?
I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense the way I worded it.

You only report the shares you sell the per share purchase price and the per share selling price.  The difference between the purchase price and the selling price is either a profit or a loss.  

The share you still hold is not part of the equation only the shares sold.

Hopefully this makes sense to you.

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

John L. Tidwell

Unemployment tax law both state and federal; determination of employer employee relationship; the usual 20 commonlaw factors for making that determination; and what makes me a liable employer.

Over 20 years of field audit experience with a state agency

Degree in Accounting from Falls Business College