Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Texas Notice of Tax/Fee Due

Question
I recently received a Texas Notice of Tax/Fee Due. I started an online business last year and applied for my Sales tax Permit in Texas. I didn't know that I had to file for the sales tax quarterly. Although I didn't make any sales, my failure to report the quarterly taxes has prompted the Comptroller Office to send me an estimate of sales, excise, and use tax due in the mount of $1150. I have been given 10 days to pay off this amount else incur additional penalty. Is there a way I can dispute/resolve this amount? Thank you very much for your time and suggestion in advance.

Ta

Answer
Ta:

Contact the Texas department that sent the notice and plead your stupidity and lack of knowledge.  That is you only hope.  Its not the sales but the failure to file the reporting forms as required by law.  There is a consequence to the FAILURE to file.

John

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

John L. Tidwell