Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Green Card Renew Fee

Question
Hi Richard,

I an a S-Corp owner. Can I deduct my Green Card renewal fee in my business tax return since I need to maintain my residence status in order to work in US?

Thank,
Yan

Answer
That depends.

1. It could depend on if you accept the answer's answer is final and true.
2. It could depend on your conviction. You might claim it but when questioned you might give up and say it was wrong.
3. It could depend on who you ask.

But really it only depends on whether or not you believe and are committed to maintaining that it is a "reasonable and necessary" business expense for the S-Corp.

Do you believe it is a reasonable and necessary business expense? Will you document the justifications for it. Will you fight to be right if questioned?

No deduction is assured to anyone that is not willing to fight to take it.

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

Richard Fritzler