Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/COUPONS FORM IT-2105

Question
John  Hi when I prepared my taxes  I had to  use forms IT-2105, I paid taxes For Moving from a conventional IRA TO A Roth IRA. Why am I getting penalized again with an estimated payment. ALSO is there something that can be done in 2015 when I file my 2014 taxes. Thank you Ken

Answer
Ken,

Thanks for your question.

You aren't being penalized for anything. Based on your 2013 taxes, the program anticipates you need to make estimated payments for 2014. They are merely taxes paid in advance and if you don't anticipate owing, the payments are not required.

Hope this helps.

John Srancil, CPA  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

John Stancil, CPA