Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/2008 tax issues


ive got a tax question, i filed a extension for my 2008 taxes, and sent them in within the extension time line, and heard nothing back, which i figured would happen since i filed late.while filing my 2012 taxes in Feb. we got told that they were held up due to not having my 2008 taxes, so i sent them back in to the paperwork i had from my extension sent to St Louis, waited a few weeks called back to the IRS for the 2nd time, and was told to send them to another place El Paso TX,and again waited called back a few weeks later and was told that now Ohio taxes needed to go to Fresno Ca., so i sent them there and they finally they got them, the start of the next year IRS wanted more info on my taxes so i sent it in and in may i received a letter stating the they were going to send me my 2008 taxes and after several phone calls to them about speaking with a supervisor cause i was told it wouldn't be paid out no one ever called back after 3 attempts, called again and was told i would receive a called from the supervisor that was reviewing my case. Got no call back but a letter stating that my refund was disallowed, i will be filing a another review, but was wondering what steps i can take to be able to receive my refund as the letter stated, whether the claim it was sent in error or not i hold a letter stating i'm due a refund. thank you for your time and advice on this crazy issue
Jeff Morris

You need to hire a cpa with experience in this area.  If you can prove 2008 was filed before 3 years late (you don't say when it was actually filed) then they do owe you a refund from 2008 if a refund was due.   If yiu just now filed your 2008 you are not due a refund.

Make a new question and mark it private (there is a little box to check) and we can talk off line and exchange contact information


Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Tax and general business including hospitality related (hotel mgmt degree and experience in industry prior to obtaining ms tax and cpa).


19 years cpa. ms tax. NOTE: My discussions are only a general information and do not constitute tax advise without entering into a specific agreement and executing an engagement letter; This free chat is nothing more than general information and should not be construed as tax advice nor does my response or replies imply an agreement to provide client specific advice or other guidance for purposes of avoiding IRS tax or penalties and should not be relied upon without your own validation and confirmation of the how the discussion may fit your facts... Not having all the facts and/or not having a direct client relationship prevents me from providing the most accurate replies as possible and I highly suggest using a local CPA to provide you with written advice and guidance. Taking matters into your own hands is much akin to trying to land an airplane without a license. It is easy to FLY a plane, but LANDING is when critical experience is key. In short, caveat emptor; do your homework and don't just rely on free chat board advice anywhere, anytime.

AICPA, CSCPA (Ct society), National Tax,

a bunch.

MS tax and other post graduate coursework

Awards and Honors
variety including Summa Cum Laude

Past/Present Clients
I don't disclose or kiss and tell

©2017 All rights reserved.