Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/2008 tax issues

Question
ive got a tax question, i filed a extension for my 2008 taxes, and sent them in within the extension time line, and heard nothing back, which i figured would happen since i filed late.while filing my 2012 taxes in Feb. we got told that they were held up due to not having my 2008 taxes, so i sent them back in to the paperwork i had from my extension sent to St Louis, waited a few weeks called back to the IRS for the 2nd time, and was told to send them to another place El Paso TX,and again waited called back a few weeks later and was told that now Ohio taxes needed to go to Fresno Ca., so i sent them there and they finally they got them, the start of the next year IRS wanted more info on my taxes so i sent it in and in may i received a letter stating the they were going to send me my 2008 taxes and after several phone calls to them about speaking with a supervisor cause i was told it wouldn't be paid out no one ever called back after 3 attempts, called again and was told i would receive a called from the supervisor that was reviewing my case. Got no call back but a letter stating that my refund was disallowed, i will be filing a another review, but was wondering what steps i can take to be able to receive my refund as the letter stated, whether the claim it was sent in error or not i hold a letter stating i'm due a refund. thank you for your time and advice on this crazy issue
Jeff Morris

Answer
You need to hire a cpa with experience in this area.  If you can prove 2008 was filed before 3 years late (you don't say when it was actually filed) then they do owe you a refund from 2008 if a refund was due.   If yiu just now filed your 2008 you are not due a refund.

Make a new question and mark it private (there is a little box to check) and we can talk off line and exchange contact information

P

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa