Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Moving deduction

Question
I moved from Arkansas to Tennessee in December 2012. I paid to move most of my belongings in February 2013, but some items had to be moved in May 2014. I met the tests for the IRS to take the moving deduction on my 2013 taxes, so I took the deduction for the February 2013 moving expenses. But I'm wondering if I can take a deduction for the additional expenses I incurred in May 2014 to finish moving my stuff to TN.

Thank you,
Susan

Answer
Susan,

Thanks for your question.

Yes, you can take the deduction for the additional moving expenses.  Be certain and keep your receipts, as it is possible the IRS will make an inquiry regarding the deduction.

Hope this helps.

John Stancil, CPA

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

John Stancil, CPA