Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/deferred salary c corp

C corp, accrual accounting.

How is deferred salary handled?

Does a c corp pay fica taxes on deferred salary?

Is the salary deductible?

Depends in part on how structured. But generally yiu do pay fica on money going in and no w2 wages till it comes out

Usually company gets deduction when employee picks up income. But it is possible to have different matching periods (employer deduction in year one. Employee income in year 2 or later)

Reasonably sophisticated section of law.  What are yiu trying to do (or did) ... lots of other various possible planning which could go on in tandem or possibly in place of

Where are yiu?

Do you not have a cpa?

Are yiu the recipient? Or company or both?  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

Tax and general business including hospitality related (hotel mgmt degree and experience in industry prior to obtaining ms tax and cpa).

19 years cpa. ms tax. NOTE: My discussions are only a general information and do not constitute tax advise without entering into a specific agreement and executing an engagement letter; This free chat is nothing more than general information and should not be construed as tax advice nor does my response or replies imply an agreement to provide client specific advice or other guidance for purposes of avoiding IRS tax or penalties and should not be relied upon without your own validation and confirmation of the how the discussion may fit your facts... Not having all the facts and/or not having a direct client relationship prevents me from providing the most accurate replies as possible and I highly suggest using a local CPA to provide you with written advice and guidance. Taking matters into your own hands is much akin to trying to land an airplane without a license. It is easy to FLY a plane, but LANDING is when critical experience is key. In short, caveat emptor; do your homework and don't just rely on free chat board advice anywhere, anytime.

AICPA, CSCPA (Ct society), National Tax,

a bunch.

MS tax and other post graduate coursework

variety including Summa Cum Laude

I don't disclose or kiss and tell