Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/1099 and Expense claims

Question
Hi, I recently relocated to California through marriage and have been working as a contractor for a company that has filed a 1099 for my fees. I have two questions relating to this.

Firstly I wonder if, like in the UK, a proportion of my income is non taxable? i.e The UK has a tax code system that creates a personal allowance of non taxable income based on circumstances.

Secondly, I wonder if I can claim the attorney fees for my green card application, and Immigration service process, as a work related relocation expense?

Thanks and regards
Dom

Answer
You have many issues not properly (or best) answered on a free chat board.

1099 might not be best (or legal) method to pay you.

What do you do?

For most part. Immigration costs are personal and not business related. Maybe if you already did what you do in foreign location

Send me a new inquiry question..  and mark it private and I will give you my contact info  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa