Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/S Corp


I incorporated my business as an s-corp.  I am the only shareholder.  A bookkeeping service that I have been using has been filing quarterly reports with the employment security commission of my state on my behalf under my social.  As an s-corp, am I supposed to be filing these? I believe what they file quarterly is supposed to be the salary paid to me.  However, a friend of mine who prepares tax returns said that as an s-corp I shouldn't be filing them.  The income I make on the corporation flows through to my personal tax returns on a K-1.  I am really confused. If I am required to file with the employment security commission, wouldn't I have to file 941's with the IRS as well?  Please help

It is scarry when this many people who are supposedly professionals mess stuff up.

You are likely getting other stuff wrong too don't you think?

Send me a new private question (you have to check the confidential box) and I will give you contact information  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Tax and general business including hospitality related (hotel mgmt degree and experience in industry prior to obtaining ms tax and cpa).


19 years cpa. ms tax. NOTE: My discussions are only a general information and do not constitute tax advise without entering into a specific agreement and executing an engagement letter; This free chat is nothing more than general information and should not be construed as tax advice nor does my response or replies imply an agreement to provide client specific advice or other guidance for purposes of avoiding IRS tax or penalties and should not be relied upon without your own validation and confirmation of the how the discussion may fit your facts... Not having all the facts and/or not having a direct client relationship prevents me from providing the most accurate replies as possible and I highly suggest using a local CPA to provide you with written advice and guidance. Taking matters into your own hands is much akin to trying to land an airplane without a license. It is easy to FLY a plane, but LANDING is when critical experience is key. In short, caveat emptor; do your homework and don't just rely on free chat board advice anywhere, anytime.

AICPA, CSCPA (Ct society), National Tax,

a bunch.

MS tax and other post graduate coursework

Awards and Honors
variety including Summa Cum Laude

Past/Present Clients
I don't disclose or kiss and tell

©2017 All rights reserved.