Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Tax on 1099

Question
My 9 year old son gets about $9800 a year from survivors death benefits as his father was killed.  I have a savings account set up with my name as primary and him as secondary holder.  I rec'd an 1099 for this money and wonder how I file it?  My understanding was that the money he gets is non-taxable as long as it is not withdraw.  How do I handle this 1099?
Thank you.

Answer
what form does it say? 1099r? 1099 misc?

and it is not always true that death benefits are tax free (if the funds were in his father's IRA not from insurance or other).

sorry for your loss (and his) but I need to know a little more to give you good advice.

when did this start?  

p

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa