Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Non profit Capital Gains?

Our registered 501(c)(3) non profit owns commercial property held for rental income.  We file a 990T.  After ten years, the circumstances seem right to sell the property since the value has increased substantially.  Do capital gains tax law apply to a non-profit or are the gains taxed as regular corporate rate, albeit lower(?) than the capital gains rate?  Thank you for your guidance.

Generally no

You might be able to have your cake and eat it too

Send me a new question but mark it private...  I will give uiu my contact information and I'd love to chat with yiu about some neat strategy you could use to benefit the charity.

Worthwhile if greater than $1m (due to transaction costs and such -likely not worth it if less than that value)

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

Tax and general business including hospitality related (hotel mgmt degree and experience in industry prior to obtaining ms tax and cpa).

19 years cpa. ms tax. NOTE: My discussions are only a general information and do not constitute tax advise without entering into a specific agreement and executing an engagement letter; This free chat is nothing more than general information and should not be construed as tax advice nor does my response or replies imply an agreement to provide client specific advice or other guidance for purposes of avoiding IRS tax or penalties and should not be relied upon without your own validation and confirmation of the how the discussion may fit your facts... Not having all the facts and/or not having a direct client relationship prevents me from providing the most accurate replies as possible and I highly suggest using a local CPA to provide you with written advice and guidance. Taking matters into your own hands is much akin to trying to land an airplane without a license. It is easy to FLY a plane, but LANDING is when critical experience is key. In short, caveat emptor; do your homework and don't just rely on free chat board advice anywhere, anytime.

AICPA, CSCPA (Ct society), National Tax,

a bunch.

MS tax and other post graduate coursework

variety including Summa Cum Laude

I don't disclose or kiss and tell