Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Question re: Corporation Ein

hi my name is David. I incorporated my small remodeling business in Missouri.
the name of the business is Garcia contracting incorporated.

now I created another business is called Garcia roofing but I created it under Garcia contracting as the creator. so Garcia contracting incorporated is the parent company. my question is do I need a separate tax number for Garcia roofing even though its under Garcia contracting incorporated?

Garcia contracting incorporated already has a tax ID number.

thank you

Thanks for your question.

You will need to obtain a separate tax ID number for Garcia Roofing. IF you file a consolidated return for the two businesses or if you file separate returns, the IRS will want you to have an EIN.

Hope this helps.

John Stancil, CPA

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

John Stancil, CPA

I can answer questions on personal income taxes, partnerships, and some corporate income taxes. I can deal with some state tax questions. Limited gift and estate tax questions. I am also familiar with ministerial and church tax reporting issues. I am Professor Emeritus at Florida Southern College. Sales taxes and property taxes are state and local issues so I am not likely be be able to give you an in depth answer on those types of taxes. I have maintained a CPA practice, specializing in tax, for over 35 years. I am a member of the National Association of Tax Professionals, The Florida Insititute of CPA's, The NCPE Fellowship. In addition I am a Certified Mentor for SCORE. Visit my website at I also offer seminars and consultations to churches and clergy on their tax issues at Also visit my blog, I am listed on Tax Connections at Prepare and file your own taxes at

I hold a doctorate in Accounting, and am a CPA. My certifications of CIA, CFM, and CMA are inactive. I passed all certification examinations on the first attempt, and received honorable mention for my scores on the CIA exam. I have operated a CPA firm for over 37 years and have taught accounting and tax at the college level for over 35 years.

FICPA, NATP, NCPE Fellowship, Lakeland Business Leaders

The CPA Journal, Florida CPA Today, Green Consumer, Green Business, Global Sustainability as a Business Imperative, Palmetto Review, NATP TaxPro Quarterly, Mustang Journal of Finance and Accounting.

DBA University of Memphis MBA University of Georgia BS in Accounting Mars Hill University