You are here:

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/1099int issued to deceased grandmother


I was able to cash my deceased grandmother's savings bonds. I am her deceased son's sole beneficiary and also her administratrix. I had already filed her final return before cashing the bonds. How do I claim this interest when the 1099int I received was issued with her ssn? There is no other income for her estate. Can you report income that was issued to an ssn rather than an ein on an estate return. I expect to pay the taxes on this I just want to file correctly. Please help

There are a few bouncing balls here in play - not just tax, but probation and other formalities which have not been repected.

Sorry for your losses, but uou need to take a few steps. Not just drop some numbers on a tax return

Please make a new question and mark it private; I will give you my contact information.

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Tax and general business including hospitality related (hotel mgmt degree and experience in industry prior to obtaining ms tax and cpa).


19 years cpa. ms tax. NOTE: My discussions are only a general information and do not constitute tax advise without entering into a specific agreement and executing an engagement letter; This free chat is nothing more than general information and should not be construed as tax advice nor does my response or replies imply an agreement to provide client specific advice or other guidance for purposes of avoiding IRS tax or penalties and should not be relied upon without your own validation and confirmation of the how the discussion may fit your facts... Not having all the facts and/or not having a direct client relationship prevents me from providing the most accurate replies as possible and I highly suggest using a local CPA to provide you with written advice and guidance. Taking matters into your own hands is much akin to trying to land an airplane without a license. It is easy to FLY a plane, but LANDING is when critical experience is key. In short, caveat emptor; do your homework and don't just rely on free chat board advice anywhere, anytime.

AICPA, CSCPA (Ct society), National Tax,

a bunch.

MS tax and other post graduate coursework

Awards and Honors
variety including Summa Cum Laude

Past/Present Clients
I don't disclose or kiss and tell

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]