Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Should i file form 8873

Question
I am a single-person-owned LLC treated as a sole proprietorship that buys american-made equipment and sells it to a company in a foreign country. This company then uses this equipment in their business and does no resell it. All of my sales are to this foreign company. I do less than $5 million dollars worth of sales annually. Do I need to/Should I file a 8873.

Answer
yes
but more importantly, I bet a nickel I can save you money on your taxes.  there is generally a $5m exclusion, but I like to file the form and then claim exemption - this is done on the last few lines of the form

what sort of property?  sold to all one country?  direct to companies or do you have network of resellers there?

send a new question and mark it 'private' and I will provide follow up contact information

Patrick

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa