Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/S corp question

Question
I'm a small s corp, and in 2013, I gave my business a loan to help pay bills.  In 2014, I did a little better; I didn't have to provide any additional funds, but unfortunately I didn't clear enough to give me a salary, but I could pay myself back some of the loan.  In 2013, I showed the loan from shareholders on Schedule L, line 19.  I'd like to pay myself back some of the loan, e.g., $500, but I don't understand how to reflect on the 1120 form.  Do I still show the ordinary business income on line 21, as a positive, and then use line 16e "Repayment of Loans"? and then also on Schedule L, line 19, reflect what the remaining loan amount is?

Alternatively, can I just leave that loan in the business (because I know I have bills coming due in first quarter), but how do I show that the business income is positive because I'm not repaying the shareholder loan?
I hope this makes sense.
thanks,

Answer
Brian,

Thanks for your question.

A loan repayment is not income.

Just show. The effect on line 16e and Schedule L as you indicate.

Hope this helps.  By the way be certain to show the authorization for the corp to borrow the fins from you in the minutes of the Board.

John L Staccil, CPA

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

John Stancil, CPA