Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/fix address

Question
Hi. My accountant e-filed my taxes and mailed me back the copy but I noticed he put the correct street address but not the correct town and zip code. How can I fix this? He told me I have to call the IRS and the state but Im waiting on the phone and no one picks up.
Is there another way perhaps?
Thank you
Ellen

Answer
Ellen,

Thanks for your question.

If it was his error, he should fix it.  However, you can submit Form 8822 to the IRS for a change of address. I don't know what state you are in, but I would imagine they have a similar form. You can go to their Department of Revenue website and do a search for "change of address."  

However, if you are being mailed a refund, you should likely go the phone route as the results would be more immediate.

Hope this helps.

John Stancil, CPA

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

John Stancil, CPA