Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Forms 1041 and 2210

2014 Return:  My first full year (after wife’s death), filing Form 1041, Estates and Trusts, along with Form 4972, Lump Sum Distributions, and now applying Form 2210, Annualized Income Installments.

Line 12 (Figure Your Tax…) refers to Instructions, but for 1041/4972, which is the “Applicable Tax Table or Worksheet”?

Thanks for your question.  

I can't  give you a direct answer due to lack of information about the return, but the applicable table would be the tax rate schedule for a Form 1041. If I here are special issues, such as capital gains you would use the applicable worksheet.

If allowed in your situation, you might be better off not paying the tax at the estate level, but passing it on to the beneficiaries.

Hope this helps.

John Stancil, CPA

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

John Stancil, CPA

I can answer questions on personal income taxes, partnerships, and some corporate income taxes. I can deal with some state tax questions. Limited gift and estate tax questions. I am also familiar with ministerial and church tax reporting issues. I am Professor Emeritus at Florida Southern College. Sales taxes and property taxes are state and local issues so I am not likely be be able to give you an in depth answer on those types of taxes. I have maintained a CPA practice, specializing in tax, for over 35 years. I am a member of the National Association of Tax Professionals, The Florida Insititute of CPA's, The NCPE Fellowship. In addition I am a Certified Mentor for SCORE. Visit my website at I also offer seminars and consultations to churches and clergy on their tax issues at Also visit my blog, I am listed on Tax Connections at Prepare and file your own taxes at

I hold a doctorate in Accounting, and am a CPA. My certifications of CIA, CFM, and CMA are inactive. I passed all certification examinations on the first attempt, and received honorable mention for my scores on the CIA exam. I have operated a CPA firm for over 37 years and have taught accounting and tax at the college level for over 35 years.

FICPA, NATP, NCPE Fellowship, Lakeland Business Leaders

The CPA Journal, Florida CPA Today, Green Consumer, Green Business, Global Sustainability as a Business Imperative, Palmetto Review, NATP TaxPro Quarterly, Mustang Journal of Finance and Accounting.

DBA University of Memphis MBA University of Georgia BS in Accounting Mars Hill University