Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Forms 1041 and 2210

Question
2014 Return:  My first full year (after wife’s death), filing Form 1041, Estates and Trusts, along with Form 4972, Lump Sum Distributions, and now applying Form 2210, Annualized Income Installments.

Line 12 (Figure Your Tax…) refers to Instructions, but for 1041/4972, which is the “Applicable Tax Table or Worksheet”?

Answer
Frank,

Thanks for your question.  

I can't  give you a direct answer due to lack of information about the return, but the applicable table would be the tax rate schedule for a Form 1041. If I here are special issues, such as capital gains you would use the applicable worksheet.

If allowed in your situation, you might be better off not paying the tax at the estate level, but passing it on to the beneficiaries.

Hope this helps.

John Stancil, CPA

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

John Stancil, CPA