Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/irs payments

QUESTION: Just filed taxes on turbo for my sister and she owes money.  I selected that she will send in a check.  We have the voucher for her to send in with payment, but she cannot pay in full.  If she sends in partial payments along with her voucher each month, will they accept it and apply it toward her balance, or is she required to submit an installment plan application first?

ANSWER: if already filed you can send the money you can afford. trust me, they will bill you.

if you want a specific dollar amount paid auto pay on form 9465

good luck

QUESTION: I know they will accept the money, but will it be applied to the balance even though she didn't do an installment application/plan ahead of time?

applied to penalty and interest first unless you ask it to be paid to tax. but my guess it will solve itself in a few months.

there is nobody in your world who can lend it to her at better then the 10% she is going to wind up paying the irs?

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

Tax and general business including hospitality related (hotel mgmt degree and experience in industry prior to obtaining ms tax and cpa).

19 years cpa. ms tax. NOTE: My discussions are only a general information and do not constitute tax advise without entering into a specific agreement and executing an engagement letter; This free chat is nothing more than general information and should not be construed as tax advice nor does my response or replies imply an agreement to provide client specific advice or other guidance for purposes of avoiding IRS tax or penalties and should not be relied upon without your own validation and confirmation of the how the discussion may fit your facts... Not having all the facts and/or not having a direct client relationship prevents me from providing the most accurate replies as possible and I highly suggest using a local CPA to provide you with written advice and guidance. Taking matters into your own hands is much akin to trying to land an airplane without a license. It is easy to FLY a plane, but LANDING is when critical experience is key. In short, caveat emptor; do your homework and don't just rely on free chat board advice anywhere, anytime.

AICPA, CSCPA (Ct society), National Tax,

a bunch.

MS tax and other post graduate coursework

variety including Summa Cum Laude

I don't disclose or kiss and tell