Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Federal Tax Refund Delay

Question
I've been waiting for my federal tax refund since the beginning of this year. After clearing my ID verification back in February, I've been getting one delay after another. I don't have back taxes to pay, delinquent child support, student loans or any other reasons for a delay. My income for 2014 was solely on a lottery win and the proper form was used. I electronically filed online. The state lottery confirmed that the IRS officially received their statement of all winners' income and withholding on 3/23/15. I've spoken with IRS agents and was told that this information is usually electronically entered when received within a week of receipt. That was almost three months ago, five months since I originally filed. Through the IRS I requested a formal inquiry. I was told to wait until June 1st for a response. Nothing has happened on or since that date. I can't even get through to the office now since they're apparently swamped with call about a security breach. I've contacted my local congressman's office and they agreed to send an inquiry. I'm at my wit's end. Can you offer any suggestions?

Answer
Seriously... drink less coffee and chill.

Call (or visit local office) the irs every Monday morning.

This will likely take another month or three.  

I have 2 clients and one friend who are in the same boat.  Local office said to me it could take to the end of summer

At least you are now receiving (or will receive) interest.  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa