Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Theoretical Sales Tax Question

Question
Hello,
I find the sales tax issue confusing. Let's assume I incorporate in the state of WI and start selling granite countertops to public. All of the work (measure, fabrication, install etc) is provided by another company I hire from neighboring state of IL. In which case my company is just a middle man in the process.
My question is - who pays the sales tax and with which state?

Answer
Your customers pay Wisconsin sales tax on the final price of counter sold in wisconsin.

You don't pay sales tax on purchase from Illinois vendor (you register and provide resale exemption).   You also don't pay sales tax on the glue or screws you buy in wisconsin to use in install product

This assumes counters for install are even subject to tax in wisconsin.

In ct, where I live, residential cinstruction is not taxed but commercial is. You have to check with wisconsin dept of revenue to see what is subject to sales tax.

But the Raw material inputs are not taxed mid stream regardless  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa