Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Adding dependants

Question
Hello Randall, I have a question about adding dependants to my tax return next year. So my fiance and I just had a child last month (July) and will be adding her as a dependant. I would like to know if I could add my fiance as well? We have been living together for over a year now and she has only worked one week this year (January) and had made around $100-$200 income. She is also a full-time student, receiving financial aid. However, due to the birth of our child in July, she has taken this semester off (August) and will not return until next year. We live in Arizona. Based on the information I provided, could I potentially claim both my daughter and fiance and also claim Head of Household? Please let me know if I need to provide further information. Thank you Randall for your time.

Sincerely, Jared C.

Answer
yes. you can

there are very specific rules for dependents and they dont have to be a child; they can be a fiance (dont get married while she is going to school - almost surely better fin aid while a single mother!)

you will meet the HOH rules too.  Child is going to provide qualifying status for HOH. Fiance will be a second dependent.  

good luck.  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa