Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/filing of corporate return

Question
Must a corporation that has no assets and has been removed from the state's (PA) active records and no longer required to file a PA corporate return, file a federal form (1120)?

Answer
you should file a federal return (even if inactive no assets) for as long as the entity exists - and until you dissolve it with the secretary of state. federal purposes, there is no tax.  but the forms have to be sufficiently filled out for the irs to figure out what is going on.  not just the address and EIN - actually input no assets. no activity. etc.

also, just because pa removed it from records does not mean you have terminated your state obligations either.  you should cancel the sec state filing, too.

good luck

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa