Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/allocation of cell phone bill

Question
I am a self employed internet retailer with a home office and corresponding deduction. My T Mobile family plan includes 4 lines.

One line is business only, one line is my personal line that I use frequently as a secondary business line, one line is my wife's and she uses it mostly for personal but helps my business in a support role that includes receiving voice or text instructions from me. The 4th line is my mom's, no business use at all.

What is the best way to allocate my cell phone bill on my Schedule C?

Answer
Cell phone is a listed item and records have to be kept as to use.

Biz is 100%

Unless any of the other 3 are documented over 50% biz use, none qualify

If one or more is over 50%, you can take that % as business. Remanded non deductible.

Good luck

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa