Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/S Corp Ownership

Question
Thanks for taking my question John. Short and I'm sure it's not simple but any guidance is appreciated.

Background: I am 51% owner in an S Corp, 2 other owners each with 24.5%. We declared 50,000 shares of stock with no par value when we incorporated. No Stock Certificates were ever issued. However IRS Form 2553 was filed. 2 part question;
Does that AUTOMATICALLY give the 3 owners the corresponding percentage of shares even though no value and no Certificates were issued? 2nd part; the 2 minority owners now want out of the business. I'm sure this answer depends on the first question, so how can the Corp ownership be changed?
As I'm sure you can imagine and have dealt with before, this has turned into a contentious relationship so the level of cooperation and/or agreement is non-existent. One of the minority partners actually file with the Sec. of State to dissolve the corporation, how that's possible as a minority owner is beyond me but I was, temporarily, able to stop the process.
Any guidance/advice you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Answer
Kristen,

It is not uncommon for physical certificates to not be issued. Lacking such physical evidence, reliance would be placed on such documentary evidence as could be obtained. The entries on 2553 is one such source. Corp ownership is changed by the recording of shares owned on the corporate records.

Hope this helps.

John Stancil, CPA  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

John Stancil, CPA