Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Tax Question

Question
Hi

Here is my tax question
I lived and worked in NJ in 2015, got married in Dec 2015. My wife lived and worked in MA all 2015. Do not have home or any other itemized deductions. What is the bast way to file taxes. In Feb 2016 she moved to NJ.
1. Married filing separately- I will file NJ and she will file MA return
2. Federal MRJ and filing separately for states.
Or there is a 3rd option.
Please guide what is the best way to go.

Thanks

Answer
9999999 times out of a million, married filing joint at the federal level will result in lower tax expense combined.  

mfj in both states with the applicable allocations - the interesting thing is that they will both be resident state returns for the one with income in each state.

hire a cpa and get it right.  :)  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa