Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/newspaper carrier


Kelly wrote at 2012-11-19 21:41:49
There is an exception for newspaper carriers under the age of 18. See IRS publication 334, page 26. Children who are newspaper carriers under 18 do not have to pay self-employment tax (medicare/social security).  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Carole Dunton


Preparation of individual income tax returns including social security, pensions, lump sum distributions, sale of personal residence, stock and mutual fund sales, distributions from individual retirement accounts, moving expenses and itemized deductions. General knowledge of schedule C for small sole proprietorships. No experience in corporate, estate, partnership or large business returns.


9 years as tax preparer for major national firm.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]