You are here:

Tax Planning/disregarded entity election question


Hi:  I am thinking of establishing an IBC (International Business Company) in Belize for privacy to own an online internet company (not porn or anything bad).  I am going to want to have it just as pass-through to the 1040, i.e. a "disregarded entity".  As I understand, I should do the following:

1)       Fill out form SS-4 requesting an EIN for the Belize IBC, correct?  Or, is there an IRS # to call?  Or, do I not need an EIN?

2)       Then, I when I get the EIN, I use the 8832 form, correct?


Hi Josh,

You do not need to be a disregarded entity in order to have the tax pass-through.  You can be a single member LLC and still get the pass-through status, I recommend you discuss with a CPA before choosing the disregarded entity.  

You can fill out the SS-4 online or you can call the IRS in order for them to help you.  If you then choose to become a disregarded entity you would then file the 8832.  

I think it would be worth to meet with a CPA first.

Hope that helps.

Tax Planning

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Chea Romine, CPA


I am a CPA and Managing Partner of a medium sized CPA firm. I specialize in all areas of tax including personal, partnership, corporate, trust, estate and non-profit. We have multiple CPA's in the office that also bring insight or expertise into the questions. I also manage our accounting division and our business consultation division.


Managing Partner of a medium sized CPA firm with 6 CPA's and other support staff. Tax planning is our second largest divison in our firm.

AICPA, Ohio Society of CPAs, National Society of Tax Professionals

Certified Public Accountant

©2017 All rights reserved.