Tax Planning/Question about tax for business

Question
Hi Owen, this may be a stupid question but found this website, and thought it can provide some direction.

I am planning to start my own video production company, just by myself filming small events (small birthdays, parties, ceremonies, etc..nothing big). I am wondering if I can just collect the payment $ in cash and not go through the whole tax process....or is it better to register as a business and pay tax + use expense as deduction?

I am new to this and any suggestion would be helpful. thanks.

Answer
Ram - I am not familiar with how taxes in Canada work.  I am only authorized to comment on US taxes.  In the US, income from all sources is taxable so, yes, you have to report it and pay taxes on it.  But if you have expenses that are ordinary and customary in your business, you can deduct those against your income.

I hope this helps.

Tax Planning

OWEN S. ARNOFF, EA