Tax Planning/adult child SSI and taxes

Question
My son has been on SSI since he was 5 yrs old (autism, he turned 19 in Oct. and is still on SSI. (They did a redetermination and qualified again as an adult.) He lives with us and does not have a job, he is also out of school now. Can we/do we still claim him on our taxes? And do we say "yes, he is Permanently and totally disabled". Thank you for your time and help, it is very much appreciated.

Answer
Yes, you can still claim your son. And, yes check the Permanently and Totally Disabled box - if things change in the future you can address the change the year of the change. As long as he is on SSI you should be able to claim him as a dependent.
Best regards,
RS

Tax Planning

Richard S