Tax Planning/residence for taxes

Question
If I become a snowbird going from MN to FL how do the state taxes work?  I have rental property in MN which we live on but we would be in Florida for 9 months of the year.  So do I have to file a MN state tax form or am I considered a Florida resident and pay no state taxes?

Answer
Jeff,
If you change your residency to Florida (drivers license, voter registration, etc.) then you can declare yourself a Florida resident and enjoy the no state tax. You'll have to check the MN state laws (sorry not an expert on state laws) and see if rent qualifies as income. If it does you would still have to pay the MN state taxes no matter where you live.
RS

Tax Planning

Richard S