Tax Planning/ira ?

Question
my brother has ira and he wants to invest some in stocks to make some profit but he wants to use some to enjoy those winnings. He knows there is big tax hit if he takes money out. Any way around him getting tax hit if he wants to just enjoy profits? thanks

Answer
No. No way around it, the IRA is tax deferred even if he waits until he retires (59 1/2 years old), he will still have to pay taxes on all of it.

If he tries to take it out before he is 59 1/2 not only does he have to pay all the taxes, he also has to pay a penalty.

Tax Planning

Richard Fritzler