OWEN Hi,  Can you please tell me if its possible to make a DONATION now for 2014.  Also is there a maximum amount.  Is there one way better then another to prove you made this donatiin.  Thanks again Ken

Ken - Unfortunately, there is no way to make a donation in 2015 and have it count for 2014.  The answer about the best way to document a donation depends on whether it is a cash donation or non-cash donation.  For a cash donation, your cancelled check or an acknowledgment letter from the charity stating that no goods or services were provided in exchange for the donation should suffice for substantiation of that type of donation.  For non-cash donations, a receipt from the charity along with your documented method of determination is usually sufficient.  There are exception to this rule, however.  If the donation is greater than $5,000, there are additional items that must be provided.

I hope this helps.

Tax Planning

As an Enrolled Agent, I am fully capable of providing tax advice as it relates to personal and business income taxes. Enrolled Agents are the only Federally licensed tax practitioners and are admitted to practice before all administrative functions of the IRS. My specialty is working with small business owners who file Schedule "C" and helping them to structure their business in such a way as to maximize as many tax advantages as possible. I also enjoy working with individuals who have both routine as well as complex tax situations. I prefer to concentrate on individuals and small business tax planning.

I have a 25 year background in financial services including tax, bookkeeping, insurance, real estate and securities. I was previously the Chief Financial Officer of a local and national franchise organization. I am currently semi-retired, but used to own (in partnership with another EA) an individual and small business financial engineering firm where I work with nearly 2,500 individuals and small business owners in nearly every state and almost every continent, assisting them in all aspects of their tax and financial well-being. I have prepared or reviewed more than 8,000 tax returns in my career.

National Association of Tax Professionals

Enrolled Agent, Admitted to Practice Before the IRS, Accredited Tax Preparer, Fellow of National Tax Practice Institute, Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor (1999-2011), Sleeter Group Certified QuickBooks Consultant, Life & Disability Insurance Agent License (California, Texas, Maine), Real Estate Agent License (California); Many years of continuing education in all these fields.