Tea/Teas during the Civil War

Question
Could you please tell me what types of teas were served during the Civil War? I am hosting a ladies tea at a Living History Reenactment, and would appreciate any help you can give. This will be my first ladies tea that I will be hosting.

Thank you

Katherine

Answer
Hello Katherine, and thanks for your question! While I'm not a history expert, my research shows me that tea parties probably had more infusions than actual teas. Blackberry tea is a relatively safe bet, and I imagine you could also serve the less exotic infusions like chamomile or apple. I hope this helps!

Tea

John