Tea/Tea

Question
QUESTION: Im starting to drink tea and get into it a bit.what os the correct way of preparing it? I usually microwave water ina cup put tea bag in and then just take it from there ive been drinking garlic green tea chamomileand am looking for turmeric teaany thing i can biy or do to make optimum tea?

ANSWER: Hello, and thank you for your question! It sounds like the way you've been preparing your tea is sufficient, but there are a few things you can do to make it more effective. For one, different types of tea require different amounts of delicacy. Green tea, for example, is very easy to oversteep, so you might consider heating the water a bit less or taking the tea bag out earlier. The specifics will depend on the kind of tea you're drinking, so you might look up the manufacturer's instructions online or at least research that particular type of tea. As a special note, herbal teas are not nearly as delicate, so a tea like plain chamomile should be fine no matter what. Howerver, I should point out that the bagging process reduces a lot of the benefits of tea, so if you're looking for the best possible experience, then loose leaf is probably the way to go. It's a little more expensive, through, because of all the tools you need to buy, (leaf storage, infuser, etc.) so that's something to keep in mind. I hope this helps, and feel free to ask any ore questions you might have!

QUESTION: So loose leaf tea is better? I did get some recently and noticed it was a bit more expensive.For this loos tea one would use any type of infuser which is that net ball looking thing?Also what are some good teas for  general well being ?Anyrecommendations?

Answer
Loose leaf tea tends to have a richer flavor and more nutrients, but yes, it does tend to be more expensive as well. There are many different available tools  use to steep loose leaf tea. You can use a ball infuser, a basket infuser, a strainer, a tea press, etc. The tool I use is like a plastic container with a strainer on the bottom. The tea brews in the container, then the leaves strain out as it filters into the cup. You can choose whichever tool you're most comfortable using. The healthier teas tend to be the lighter ones, especially green and white, since the darker ones tend to be the most processed. White is a little healthier than green since it's harvested earlier and goes through less processing, but it's also a little rarer and therefore a little more expensive. It also has a very light taste, which may take some getting used to. I hope this answers your questions, but again, feel free to let me know if you have any others!

Tea

John