Teaching Advice/Special Ed Teaching

Question
Hello!  I think you may be able to help me.  I am a special education teacher for adults with intellectual disabilities.  Every day, this class of 35 intellectually disabled adults takes a trip to a gym for an hour where we have access to basketballs, soccerballs, and hand weights.  I am out of ideas for fun games and group physical activities for these students, as they are all relatively high-functioning adults but still vary in their degree of disability.  Could you please give me some ideas of games and/or physical activities I could try with these students, and/or recommend a book or resource that might do the same?  I have searched tirelessly on the internet and am coming up short.  Thank you so much for any help or suggestions that you may have!

Answer
hi Joanna
Unfortunately I do not have any ideas or suggestions for you. I do not know of anything different that what you have probably come up with already. If you have searched the internet and did not find much then chances are it does not exist.
I am sorry I cannot help you further.
Marilyn  

Teaching Advice

Marilyn Robb