Teaching Advice/Groups

Question
I have my high school students in groups of four, and they often work in their interactive notebook. I have a supply bin for each group with rulers, glue sticks, colored pencils, etc. I have above average participation using the interactive notebook activities, but I am having an issue getting some students to respect the supplies. Just today, I had two broken rulers. It happens when I am at a different group, and I can't pin it on one person. How can I fix this?

Answer
Sure, just do not replace the rulers. They do not value them, or really their education so let them do the work with out the rulers. Notify parents and administration of the situation and how much it is costing the school! Ask administration to ask parents for donations of rulers and other destroyed equipment.  

Teaching Advice

Dr. James Turner