Teen Dating Issues/should I ask her

I was planning a trip to Spain with some friends but scheduling issues have made them cancel. But I still have all my reservations made. So I'm thinking about asking my girlfriend to go with me. But we've only been together for two and a half months. So ladies, would it be weird to ask her to go? *We've been "intimate" before and have gotten to know each other quite well. We went to high school together though we just recently met but have many mutual friends*

James, I don't think it's weird, not if you explain it to her like that.  Just say, "My other friends backed out, but I still have my reservations.  I know we are still kind of early in our dating, so I'm not trying to rush anything, but I'd like it if you would consider going too."

Before you mention it, think about the financial implications.  Will she pay her own way?  Can she afford it, or will THIS create issues for the two of you financially?

Good luck!

Teen Dating Issues

Suzi Zimmerman

I am a teacher and I write books on teen dating, self-esteem, and values. I can answer questions on making healthy choices, self-improvement, liking yourself, relationships and friendships, goal-setting, values, and how to handle making difficult choices.

Today 1 in 5 sexually active people has HPV (linked to cancer and genital warts) and 1 in 4 has Herpes. 90% of girls who do NOT use condoms become pregnant each year, and AIDS cases are on the rise. Those who do not have sex will not have to deal with these issues, nor will 99% of those who use condoms correctly and consistently. In short, abstain from sex or use condoms - and use them correctly. Parents of adolescent and teen girls should research Gardasil, a vaccine against many forms of HPV. You may not think your daughter will be sexually active, but this will also offer her certain health protection in the event of rape - or should she become sexually active.