Teen Dating Issues/Son embarrassed by present he received

I have a 16 yr old son, he's a great son, in a loving relationship with his girlfriend but that's not the issue here.
What is the issue is with a present he received; a boy in his class in college bought him a load of boxer shorts/Y-fronts and chocolates and he felt embarrassed by the gift. The present had a note attached saying 'text me some photos'. It's not even his birthday or Christmas yet!

He told me he's embarrassed by the gift; how should he handle the situation?

Me and his dad don't know what to do.

Hey Julie,

Thanks for writing in and dropping a word. It takes a lot to open up about issues in the back of the mind and when its related to our heart, it takes guts to pen down left alone talk with someone about the same. I appreciate your gesture in pouring your heart felt emotions and seeking a helping hand for the same. Kudos to you !!!

Well I can possible understand what you and your husband might be feeling and when it comes to handling teenage guys, it's quite a difficult task, as anything wrong here and there, that leaves an impact for life. If you make such a fuss about things, then things might go haywire. Make his dad take that gift and try the boxers and try getting clicked, that would possibly calm his nerves and tickle his bones seeing his dad that way. He would then see the humor involved and won't feel ashamed or big fuss about all this. At times, we need to step ourselves in their shoes to make them feel comfortable and give them the right message.

Just go out and give your best and  things would fall in place...

All the best !!

Relationship Counsellor
Bringing smiles on the faces on the way .....

Teen Dating Issues

Relationship Counsellor

I am quite experienced and matured enough to handle questions related to following topics: 1) Love- Friendship 2) Issues in all kinds of relationships. 3) making a relationship work. 4) Effective tips to sustain a relationship. 5) Sex related queries. Well as of now haven't come across any such questions, which would offend me or I lack expertise in, but am a straight forward person and doesn't hold my wordings back. I don't mind being honest in case I lack knowledge about particular aspect and quite flexible to accept genuine views of others or seek other professionals for my case studies, to help the clients out.

Well I have been doing online counseling through my own blog ( for past two years. I have got good response throughout, which has motivated me in going ahead and helping people in their relationship issues and bring a smile back on people's face. I don't say that am a professional in this area, but well sufficient enough to contribute in the aspect of Modern Day Relationships.

I have been an IT professional throughout my work experience of 8+ years associated with IT MNC's like IBM, Infosys Technologies to name few. I have conducted effective counseling sessions for different corporates I have worked with in my private capacity and contributed effectively to employees striking quite a balance in work and personal life.