Teen Dating Issues/Am I too young to be in Love?

I am a 17 year old girl, I have been with my boyfriend for a year and a half, and he knows everything about me, he doesn't judge me in any way, and he stands up for me no matter what. My feelings are so strong for him, and I think I love him, however I don't really know what love is like, let alone if I am feeling it, or if it's just me being a teenage girl who still dreams of the fairy tale love story. So what how do I know if I am truly in love with him? And how do I keep myself from being hurt by a guy who I think is absolutely perfect? Please help!

Hi Emily,

Personally I think 17 is to young to truly be in love with a boy. You should be dating and finding out what you like and dont like. It doesnt mean you shouldnt or wont have feelings towards a guy. But just dont think he is the only one for you. Your feelings on what you want in a guy will change as you get older.

Teen Dating Issues

I can answer most types of question dealing with teens and preteens. I can give advice on dating, love, sex, friendships, same sex relationships. I am experienced at most preteen & teen subjects and have given advice to many people before. Who better to give advice to teens as being one myself?

I'm a teen girl and have been in many relationships, both with guys and girls. I've been in many different situations and can give you great advice.