Teen Dating Issues/Boy Trouble

There's this guy who I had a crush on. He asked me out and we dated for a while.
We didn't even do anything. We broke up because someone was
spreading a rumor about something I didn't say. Well anyway in 10th grade we are
friends. I still like him. But how do I tell him that? I'm always shy and nervous
around him. The thing is he doesn't like me anymore.

Try flirting - not super obvious stuff, but subtle things, like using his name when you speak to him.  Hold eye contact with him just a little longer than is comfortable.  Smile with your eyes, or reach out and touch his arm.  Those are all little things that can say a lot.  

If you are too shy for those things, then write him a little note.  Don't say a whole lot, but ask him about himself, and ask for him to write back.  Sometimes something little, like a note, can spark old flames and get him thinking about you.

Let me know how it goes.

Teen Dating Issues

Suzi Zimmerman

I am a teacher and I write books on teen dating, self-esteem, and values. I can answer questions on making healthy choices, self-improvement, liking yourself, relationships and friendships, goal-setting, values, and how to handle making difficult choices.

Today 1 in 5 sexually active people has HPV (linked to cancer and genital warts) and 1 in 4 has Herpes. 90% of girls who do NOT use condoms become pregnant each year, and AIDS cases are on the rise. Those who do not have sex will not have to deal with these issues, nor will 99% of those who use condoms correctly and consistently. In short, abstain from sex or use condoms - and use them correctly. Parents of adolescent and teen girls should research Gardasil, a vaccine against many forms of HPV. You may not think your daughter will be sexually active, but this will also offer her certain health protection in the event of rape - or should she become sexually active.