Teen Dating Issues/My Girlfriend's Mother

Question
Lately I've been going through a tough time. Stress at home, probation, being confined to be around people I really don't like. The normal teen stuff.
About a year ago, my little sister brought her best friend over. We instantly hit it off, but broke up when she moved. We still talked until we got into a big fight. Both of us have multiple personality disorder, and we stayed as them until recently.
I've remained absolutely head over heels in love with this girl. And it affected me badly. I got depressed, arrested again, and spent a month and a half in a facility. Shortly after that, I began to attempt suicide.
Me and this girl got to talking, but I just found out her mother doesn't like me.
I don't know why. I'm generally a nice person, and I do my best to make her daughter happy.
I was born in 97. She was born in 98.
We're almost exactly alike. Quiet, shy, and unable to be quiet around our precious people.
Hell, our dentures even match perfectly. Perfect teeth with the canines growing out as fangs and all teeth being naturally sharp.
She and I live on either side of the Mississippi River.
I don't want to lose her, and she really cares about her moms opinion.
Is there anything I can do to make her mom see that I'm not the trouble maker I was back then? I'd like it if her mom approves of me. It would make me being with her daughter easier.
But as it is, she's telling us to break up.
I need and want help..

Answer
Hi Vinnie,

Any parent is going to be very protective of their son or daughter. I'm sure because of your history of getting into trouble this is not helping. You need to spend some time around her mother so she can get to know you better and see what kind of person you are now. I don't know how far way you live from her but can you try and spend time with her on weekends? Maybe your gf can ask her mom if the 3 of you can do something together so her mom can get to know you better?

Sandi

Teen Dating Issues

Sandi