Teen Dating Issues/At a StandStill

Hi Sandi, my name is Bianca! I am 17 and currently in my first relationship. We've been dating for about 5 months, give or take a week, and so far it's been alright. There are issues that I've brought up with him, mostly about his absence from school, and I'm not sure where this relationship is going. Like, I really want things to work out. But I don't feel like we're getting anywhere. For example, I have never had like a deep conversation with him. And for some people that's not an issue, but for me that shows how close I am with someone. And it bothers me that I can't have that with him because our schedules don't always mix together.

Another reason I feel we're at a stand still is because I don't know what will happen this year. I'm graduating this year and going to college, while he is most likely staying an 11th grader.

I hope you can make sense of what I'm saying. We're on summer break right now, but he is out of the country, and doesn't really stay in contact with me. Or any of his friends. And I don't want to have a conversation like this through a facebook messages but it seems like that's the only way I can communicate with him.

But right now my main concern is how we can move forward.

Thanks for taking the time and reading this confusing mess, and answering.

Hi Bianca,

Dating is all about finding the person that best fits with you. It just sounds like maybe this is not the right guy for you. You don't want to try and change anybody. If this is how he is and your not ok with it then I think you should breakup with him. Just dont breakup with him over facebook or the phone. Try to do it after he gets back in person

Teen Dating Issues

I can answer most types of question dealing with teens and preteens. I can give advice on dating, love, sex, friendships, same sex relationships. I am experienced at most preteen & teen subjects and have given advice to many people before. Who better to give advice to teens as being one myself?

I'm a teen girl and have been in many relationships, both with guys and girls. I've been in many different situations and can give you great advice.