Teen Dating Issues/why does a ex need space and time to think?

Question
hi me and my ex broke up a few weeks ago coz we are better as friends and we both agreed to remain friends and we were talking good and we organised to meet up to watch a movie and a few days before that he told me he needed space and time to think and hes confused so we didnt meet up and its been a bit over a week what do you think it means? does he still have feelings for me if he wanted to meet up? what do i do? i still have feelings for him

Answer
Hey Maria,

Thanks for writing in and dropping a word. It takes a lot to open up about issues in the back of the mind and when its related to our heart, it takes guts to pen down left alone talk with someone about the same. I appreciate your gesture in pouring your heart felt emotions and seeking a helping hand for the same, which clearly reflects that how much you devoted towards your marital bond and want to make it smoother at any cost. Kudos to you !!!

Well let me be upfront here. As a gal, she expects a lot of care, love and pampering from a guy along with understanding her silence. This is quite natural of a gal to expect and nothing wrong. Same way, guys expect little bit of space and less possessiveness, and gals shouldn't mind when guys tend to be with their friends. Well either of the partner can expect only when they respect each others views and wishes and also give them quality time. Just expecting, never makes any relationship strong at all.

In your case, you need to be sure that your guy is not playing mind games with you. Either he is trying to play smart and making you desperate and make you beg so that he feel that you fully in his control and awe of him and without him you cant survive. In this case he would try to take you for granted and in future also, he would try to dominate you and play these senti tricks again, to get his wishes fulfilled. In other way, may be he is frustrated with you not giving him space at all and always after his life or pestering or expecting from him. In tht scenario, it makes sense to let him have his own lonely time and come back with fresh energy and give his best. Also, you can calm him down and try to show him that you are dumb, mad gal and at times you end up making mistakes. Tell him how much he means to you and u just wanna be kid with him, am sure true lovers always patch up and hug each other soon.

Just go out and give your best and  things would fall in place...

All the best !!

Cheers,
Relationship Counsellor
Bringing smiles on the faces on the way .....  

Teen Dating Issues

Relationship Counsellor