Teen Dating Issues/In love with brother's friend

QUESTION: I'm 15, and for 2 years i've had feelings for my brother's friend. I didn't do anything about it until last night. I messaged him on facebook,
despite not being on his friend list. He hasn't seen it yet, but i'm scared he'll tell my brother.
My brother sort of knows that i like this guy but just dismisses it or jokes about it. Me and this guy get on well and he often winks at me. He always helps me when i need it. Unfortunately, he's 18 and off to university in Utah, we're from the UK. How do i move on?

ANSWER: Hey Jade,

Thanks for writing in and dropping a word. It takes a lot to open up about issues in the back of the mind and when its related to our heart, it takes guts to pen down left alone talk with someone about the same. I appreciate your gesture in pouring your heart felt emotions and seeking a helping hand for the same, which clearly reflects that how much you devoted towards your marital bond and want to make it smoother at any cost. Kudos to you !!!

Well it's common now a days that at times, we often fall for the person whom we get to see more often and is part of family somehow, be related to sibling's friends. It's seen that mature gals normally fall for elder guys, whom they feel have an extra sense of maturity and understanding to handle them, than guys of same age who are there just for time pass or physical relationship. Your choice of choosing your brother's friend seems to be of same case, where you felt that he has that maturity and does value you and in-fact understand you, when even you are silent. You need not be scared of your brother and remind him that, infact if you with his friend, he should feel happy that his friend would take good care of your sister and also you would be in safe hands, than being with any other guy unknown to your brother. You can always play senti stuff with your brother and am sure he won't mind.

When it comes to the guy, whom you like, you need to be sure that the guy is not taking you for granted and he shouldn't feel that you approached him, not he, so he can play around. If you both end up talking, make sure you clear your priorities and let him know that you looking for pure relation, not some dating time pass. And Jade please realize that when you look for partner he should be one who values you, not only one who cares and loves you, he should stand by you.

Just go out and give your best and  things would fall in place...

All the best !!

Relationship Counsellor
Bringing smiles on the faces on the way .....

QUESTION: Hi, thanks for the reply. The main thing is, is that he is moving away to America (we're from England) at the end of next month and i'll probably only see him once more. Is there anything i should do/say? And how do i move on? I've spent the last year and a half falling for this guy and i'd struggle moving on.

Hey Jade,

Well in my view I would advice you to spend time with the person and have some nice moment, in case you are emotional person , then would advice not be physical. But, we don't get to be with person whom we like or love as we keep worrying about future. I would rather say forget the world, go for your love, spend time, have moments and feel that in lifetime you could be with him and express your liking. Cherish those memories later on, but never stop living your life

All the best !!

Relationship Counsellor

P.S- I would appreciate if you could provide me ratings for my previous ans as well this one, would boost my profile. Thanks !!

Teen Dating Issues

Relationship Counsellor

I am quite experienced and matured enough to handle questions related to following topics: 1) Love- Friendship 2) Issues in all kinds of relationships. 3) making a relationship work. 4) Effective tips to sustain a relationship. 5) Sex related queries. Well as of now haven't come across any such questions, which would offend me or I lack expertise in, but am a straight forward person and doesn't hold my wordings back. I don't mind being honest in case I lack knowledge about particular aspect and quite flexible to accept genuine views of others or seek other professionals for my case studies, to help the clients out.

Well I have been doing online counseling through my own blog ( for past two years. I have got good response throughout, which has motivated me in going ahead and helping people in their relationship issues and bring a smile back on people's face. I don't say that am a professional in this area, but well sufficient enough to contribute in the aspect of Modern Day Relationships.

I have been an IT professional throughout my work experience of 8+ years associated with IT MNC's like IBM, Infosys Technologies to name few. I have conducted effective counseling sessions for different corporates I have worked with in my private capacity and contributed effectively to employees striking quite a balance in work and personal life.