Teen Dating Issues/There is this close friend that I like, but she lied to me

Question
So, there is this girl, and we have known of each since junior high, but didn't really start talking to each other till junior year of high school. And we are both seniors now. I had fallen head over heels for her during junior year, and I really thought she felt the same. When her best friend found out that I liked her, her best friend got really excited. And when I asked the girl to prom last year, she got excited but told me she couldn't go due to her sister's graduation was that day. She also knew that I had a ton of problems with my knee, and would constantly ask about how it was doing, and she seemed to genially care about it. and there was a bunch of other stuff, but now I guess I was reading into it too much.

So, I hadn't talked to over most of summer (I was on a Europe trip and didn't talk much to my friends on America). But when I got back, we started talking agian. And school started and we were just as close as ever.

I decided to ask her to homecoming (see how that went before asking her out). And we have this joke with toy animals. So I asked her to homecoming with sticky notes and the plastic animals. Right when she say it, she started laughing and knew it was me right away, and she said it was really sweat. So, I asked her to homecoming, and she said yes (she was really excited about it). Then, as we were walking, she said that she would have to check with her family to make sure they had nothing that day. And at first, I thought nothing of it since she is really family oriented. So the next day, she told me that she couldn't since she had promised this thing to her sister awhile ago, and they really needed her that day and night. She kept apologizing, and said that she really wanted to go. The only problem I had was that she told me over a text, but I figured it was okay since we didn't see each other that day.

So, I ended up not going to homecoming (I have never been to it before), even though some other people asked me and my friends kept wanting me to go in their groups. I don't know why I didn't go, I kind of wanted to, but felt awkward with going with the girl I asked. So, homecoming night, I spent the whole evening with my you her sister, and didn't have a problem with it at all. But this morning, I find out that the one girl, which I really liked and had asked, ended up going to homecoming, and she had lied to me about it (I assume, I guess it could have been a last minute thing).

I am crushed, to te you the truth, a bunch of people told me they say her there and then I saw pictures of her going to homecoming. Now I don't know what to do, I really liked her and trusted her. I just need some advice. I don't know if I should mention something to her or see if she says something. I just feel so stupid and like a guilible idiot. I know that I'm not the most attractive guy, but you know. I just don't know what to do about it.

Answer
Hey Joe,

Thanks for writing in and dropping a word. It takes a lot to open up about issues in the back of the mind and when its related to our heart, it takes guts to pen down left alone talk with someone about the same. I appreciate your gesture in pouring your heart felt emotions and seeking a helping hand for the same. Kudos to you !!!

Well my friend you come across as very genuine and simple person and you know how the girl is behaving, but you still seem to ignore that. Well to be honest the girl likes you, values you as you are sweet, not possessive or cunning like other guys around and she takes you as someone good casual friend. But when it comes to love or relationship, she already has the image of that guy and she wants someone who can be more proactive, outgoing, larger than life and do things for her. For her, you are cute, but she seems to be adventurous types and wanna explore. Thing is that, she knows that you have already fallen for her and she can play around by making excuses and you would still stick to her. She has realized that it's easy to play around with wordings with you and she would not like to lose a guy, who is in her pockets.

It's high time you valued your self respect and showed to the girl that yes you do like her, but not at cost of losing your own originality or chasing her around, when she is mas for other guys. Show her that you are helpful for every girl around, not just for her and it's time she stopped taking you for granted!!

Just go out and give your best and  things would fall in place...

All the best !!

Cheers,
Relationship Counsellor
Bringing smiles on the faces on the way .....

Teen Dating Issues

Relationship Counsellor