Teen Dating Issues/Would dating her make me a jerk?

Question
There was this girl I had a crush on in grade 8. She was two years younger than me, and she knew I liked her, but I never tried to see if she liked me back. After school ended, She told her friend, who is also my friend, that she said she would've dated me.

Im in high school now (grade 9), and I found out that she has a sister who is my age. They look so much alike, that they could be twins. So you could imagine that I became attracted to her very quickly. I want to get to know her better, and maybe take her on a date sometime.

Do you think I'll look like a douchebag/jerk if I try to go after her?

Answer
Hey Jackson,

Thanks for writing in and dropping a word. It takes a lot to open up about issues in the back of the mind and when its related to our heart, it takes guts to pen down left alone talk with someone about the same. Kudos to you !!!

Well the age at which you are , crushes and attractions are bound to happen and also they fizzle out with time. Imagine today you get to have the sister as your date and tomorrow after few days you end up liking the original girl more than her sister, would you then move out?
Also, the sisters are used to sharing each and every thing openly, so there are chances that sister would be already knowing a bit about you.

I would rather advise you to go ahead and ask the sister for date. If she is mature she would agree or give lame excuse that am not interested( assuming she knows that her sister had a crush on you). In this all, you stand to gain only nothing to lose, as you might possibly ended up having one of the sisters and other one would keep craving for you.

All the best !!

Cheers,
Relationship Counsellor
Bringing smiles on the faces on the way .....

Teen Dating Issues

Relationship Counsellor