Teen Dating Issues/Homecoming Troubles :/

Im 16, a junior in high school.  I've had this 'thing' with this guy Ive known since middle school.  We havent done anything, not even kissed but he always says he likes me and hes basically been in love with me for awhile.  He's had a couple girlfriends in high school and I've had one boyfriend.  We've both been single for awhile now.  I don't know my feelings for him.  He's not really 'attractive' and he drives me crazy sometimes (he can be clingy and high mantinence) but I continue to text and hang out with him.  He told me awhile ago that he wanted to go to homecoming with me.  We were planning on going to his high schools homeoming (we go to different schools).  He just texted me saying he wants to take another girl (his ex girlfriend) to his HC and go with me to my HC.  His homecoming is October 4 and mine is October 12.  Im mad at myself for being hurt by him.  Im having mixed feelings but im definately sad.  Does this mean I like him? Should I still go with him to homecoming?  If I dont go with him I probably wont have a date at all.  And then I wont want to go to homecoming alone.  I also get embarassed when introducing guys to friends or family, especially because hes not really attractive and were like the same height.  I know its shallow but theres a lot of factors playing into this right now.  Another thing is he said hes not going to ask me.  He basically did it by text and hes not doing anything special or cute.  Im concerned about this other girl hes taking.  What if something happens between them at their HC and then he doesnt want to go with me the next weekend.  I dont even like homecoming that much.  I like getting dressed up and getting ready (which ill barely have time for now because I also have a swim meet before the dance) and I like the after party.  The dance is alright but I find grinding awkward especially because Im not a fan of dancing and I get really insecure about my height.  I feel like im over thinking all of this but Im so confused.  Please tell me what to do.  I just feel like its going to be awkward with him and my friends.

Hey Bree,

Thanks for writing in and dropping a word. It takes a lot to open up about issues in the back of the mind and when its related to our heart, it takes guts to pen down left alone talk with someone about the same. I appreciate your gesture in pouring your heart felt emotions and seeking a helping hand for the same, which clearly reflects that how much you devoted towards your relationship and want to make it smoother at any cost. Kudos to you !!!

You have been really thinking a lot and stressing for no such reasons. You asking questions and then answering them yourselves. Infact you looking for a push from someone who can say just go ahead, that's why you dropped a word too. Well, I would rather suggest you to loosen up and calm down a bit. You need to understand that life is not all about seeing future always or thinking what lies ahead or what people/society would say. It's all about you and your heart and you should go with your instinct. Life is all about moments of present to cherish and make the most of them, instead thinking a lot and then regretting it later on. Factors you need to see what gives you comforting factor and you sure the guy is not using for any advantage and would surely value your genuine feelings. Don't make a mess of things by holding back, at times we need to come out of our comfort zone to make things work and feel special!!

Just go out and give your best and  things would fall in place...

All the best !!

Relationship Counsellor
Bringing smiles on the faces on the way .....

Teen Dating Issues

Relationship Counsellor

I am quite experienced and matured enough to handle questions related to following topics: 1) Love- Friendship 2) Issues in all kinds of relationships. 3) making a relationship work. 4) Effective tips to sustain a relationship. 5) Sex related queries. Well as of now haven't come across any such questions, which would offend me or I lack expertise in, but am a straight forward person and doesn't hold my wordings back. I don't mind being honest in case I lack knowledge about particular aspect and quite flexible to accept genuine views of others or seek other professionals for my case studies, to help the clients out.

Well I have been doing online counseling through my own blog ( for past two years. I have got good response throughout, which has motivated me in going ahead and helping people in their relationship issues and bring a smile back on people's face. I don't say that am a professional in this area, but well sufficient enough to contribute in the aspect of Modern Day Relationships.

I have been an IT professional throughout my work experience of 8+ years associated with IT MNC's like IBM, Infosys Technologies to name few. I have conducted effective counseling sessions for different corporates I have worked with in my private capacity and contributed effectively to employees striking quite a balance in work and personal life.