Teen Dating Issues/Are we ready?

QUESTION: So about a month ago my boyfriend and I went through a really rough spell. He mentioned taking a break but I convinced him to give me a second chance and we worked everything out. He said he didn't really know what got into him but he wanted to be with me and he said he loved me. I've still been struggling to get past it, I've kinda been walking on eggshells to make sure things are okay. I know it's bad to be that way and I've been working hard.  Slowly we've been getting better but there are days when he acts normal and then there are days that he is ill and seems uninterested in me. It worries me when he's ill because I feel like its me and I know asking him if its me just makes it worse even if I'm not the problem. About a week after we really worked everything out he started mentioning us having sex for the first time. All throughout our two years of dating we've been in agreement that we wanted to wait until we got married to have sex. We have been intimate and we are regularly but we have not had actual sex before. I do want to have sex with him and we've talked about it a few times. Part of me worries that its too soon with everything that's happened in the past month and its also going against the belief we shared. But the other part of me wants to because I love him and want to be with him forever. What do I do?

ANSWER: Hi Hannah,

How old are you?

QUESTION: I'm 20 and he will be 19 in February.

Thanks...My advice would be to follow your heart. Your young and the chances of you staying with this guy are not great. Sorry to say that and I realize you are in love with him. I also don't think you should have to convince someone to stay with you. That just makes the person resent you. My advice would be to take a break. You don't need to and shouldn't feel like you need to walk on eggshells around anyone.

Sorry..probably not what you wanted to hear :)

Teen Dating Issues

I can answer most types of question dealing with teens and preteens. I can give advice on dating, love, sex, friendships, same sex relationships. I am experienced at most preteen & teen subjects and have given advice to many people before. Who better to give advice to teens as being one myself?

I'm a teen girl and have been in many relationships, both with guys and girls. I've been in many different situations and can give you great advice.